Yesterday was a lazy Sunday. That usually happens when it’s rainy and gloomy outside. We had a couple over ripe bananas in our fruit bowl, so I had a great idea of incorporating it into french toast. My sister even said hmmm “If I ate french toast I’d definitely try that!” I even got the thumbs up approval from all the men in my house and my nephew…so I guess it was pretty good. Here’s the recipe and don’t worry it’s super easy!
Banana and Coconut French Toast
3 large eggs
10 slices of bread of your choice
2 bananas (I used over ripened opens)
1/4 cup of shredded coconuts
2 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup of coconut milk
2 tsp of coconut sugar
1. Heat griddle to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl mash bananas and add shredded coconut. Then add 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp of vanilla and mix.
3. In a separate bowl beat eggs then add coconut milk, 1 tsp of vanilla, 1 tsp of cinnamon and coconut sugar.
4. Take banana mixture and spread about 1 Tablespoon (give or take) between 2 slices of bread (like a sandwich). Continue until you’ve made all the sandwiches needed.
5. Next dip both sides of sandwiches egg batter mixture and place on heated griddle, turn after a few minutes. The sides should be golden brown.
6. Serve with maple syrup. We ate ours with raspberry syrup, which was yummy.
What are some of your spur of the moment recipes? Leave a comment, we’d love to hear!